Again, from my closet, I have been reading posts from some party activists on some major party social media platforms about the congress and the fallouts.
Posts about: organizational challenges of the congress, exit polls , provisional results counter provisional results, congratulatory/’better luck next time’ messages dominated as expected.
I will reserve my ‘messages’ for now even though graphiconline.com appears to have ‘confirmed’ the election of the national chairman, Mr. Samuel Ofosu Ampofo.
Strikingly, I have been reading about regional balance in the election of the national executives of the National Democratic Congress.
The question is:
Is it a call, a plead or a cry?
I have been thinking aloud :
1. Which positions should be reserved for which regions?
2. Which formula or coefficient are we going to use to achieve the balance?
3. What if people from a particular region do not put themselves up in all or most of the positions? Do we force them?
4. Is it about competence or regionalism?
5. Is it about ones ability to campaign and win or what?
6. Is it about ‘rewarding’ mediocrity or competence?
It’s honourable to be proud of ones tribe or where one comes from BUT do I have to vote on the basis of regionalism or ethnocentrism?
I know there are highly qualified comrades to help me answer these questions that are ‘choking’ my brain.
Thanks in advance.
tnpnewsonline.com/ Samuel Appah-Peniel