A list of 31 banks operating in Ghana that are in good standing has been released by the Bank of Ghana (BoG).
The central bank believes the list of banks in good standing would help restore customers’ confidence in the banking and financial sector.
The Bank of Ghana in August this year announced it is creating the Consolidated Bank Gh. Ltd to take over five struggling banks in the country.
The bank was created to take over the liabilities and assets of the five collapsed indigenous banks namely uniBank, Royal Bank, Beige, Sovereign and Construction Bank.
Before that, the central bank had collapsed UT Bank and Capital Bank for being illiquid and deficient in capital.
Government made 450m cedis available for the Consolidated Bank as starting capital and has named Daniel Addo as its CEO.
Find below the list of banks in good standings as of August 2018:
1. Access Bank (Ghana) Limited
2. ADB Bank Limited
3. Bank of Africa, Ghana Ltd
4. Bank of Baroda (Ghana) Limited
5. Banque Sahélo-Saharienne pour I’Investissement et le Commerce BSIC (Ghana) Limited
6. Barclays Bank of Ghana Ltd.
7. CAL Bank Limited
8. Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
9. Ecobank Ghana Limited
12. Fidelity Bank Limited
13. First Atlantic Bank Ltd
14. First National Bank (Ghana) Ltd
15. GCB Bank Limited
16. GN Bank Limited
17. Guaranty Trust Bank (Ghana) Limited
18. Republic Bank (Ghana) Ltd
19. National Investment Bank Ltd
20. Prudential Bank Limited
21. Societe General (Ghana) Limited
22. Stanbic Bank Ghana Ltd
23. Standard Chartered Bank (Ghana) Limited
24. United Bank for Africa (Ghana) Ltd.
25. Universal Merchant Bank Ltd
26. Zenith Bank (Ghana) Limited
27. Premium Bank Ltd
28. OmniBank Ghana Limited
29. Heritage Bank Limited
30. GHL Bank Limited
31. ARB Apex Bank Ltd
Source: tnpnesonline.com/ Obrempong Kojo Osafo