The 58th Annual Synod of the Accra Diocese of The Methodist Church Ghana comes-off from Thursday, May 02 to Sunday, May 05, 2019 at the Wesley Cathedral, Asafoiatse Nettey Road, Palladium – Accra.
The Synod which is on the theme: “Go and Make Disciples of All Nations: Intensifying Our Teaching Ministry Towards Disciple Making” will be presided-over by The Rt Rev Samuel Kofi Osabutey, the Methodist Bishop of the Accra Diocese.
The following are the major highlights of this year’s Synod:
1. The Presiding Bishop’s Maiden Address to Synods
2. The Diocesan Bishop’s Address
3. Discussion on the New Provisional Legislations of the Church
4. Discussion on the New Social Policy Document of the Church
5. The Election of a New Diocesan Lay Chairman
Synod is the highest decision making body within a Methodist Diocese and brings together the Clergy and selected Laity in the Diocese to amongst others, deliberate on the State of the Work of God. About 230 delegates will be attending this year’s Synod.
We urge all Church members within the Diocese to pray for a successful Synod and call on the media to partner the Church in promoting the Work of God and the wellbeing of the nation.
THE RT REV SAMUEL KOFI OSABUTEY
Bishop of the Accra Diocese